Our camping trip

By | June 29, 2010

Last weekend we took C on her first camping trip and it was a great success!

We went to a campsite in between Ashbourne & Buxton in the Peak District, an area we love, and it’s only an hours drive.  We set off at 2pm on Friday afternoon with the trailer packed to bursting point and the dogs in the boot.

C just loves being outside so I knew the only problem we’d have with her was how dirty she’d get!  And she did herself proud on that score!

We drove into Ashbourne on Saturday then went to Dovedale which is such a beautiful place.  We’d not really planned this so only had the pushchair in the car rather than the sling.  If you ever go – take a sling.  Its not a pushchair friendly walk at all!  We even had to carry her across the famous stepping stones in her pushchair which was an experience!

C was a little difficult to get off to sleep on the Friday night but we were expecting this anyway as it was all very strange to her, but on the Saturday night she was fine.  We went with friends and had 2 pitches together which was nice as we could sit outside and have a glass of wine or 2.

The campsite facilities were very clean and tidy but the site itself was located quite a way from anywhere so we probably won’t go back to that one.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend and we enjoyed ourselves that much we’re already planning our next trip!

Soggous on June 29, 2010 at 2:21 pm.

Such cute pics! Looks like C had a fab time :) I can’t wait for our next camping trip, we’re camping in July on a farm near Louth in Lincolnshire :) Then we’re off to Bakewell in August.

b4kersgirl on June 30, 2010 at 9:43 am.

The site we stayed on was quite close to Bakewell. I’ve never camped there but plan to do so in the future. Do you live close to the peak district?

Enjoy your trips!

Emma on June 29, 2010 at 3:56 pm.

Sounds fantastic, I’m longing to go camping but I’m so unsure about doing it Oli! Reading posts like this fill me with confidence! :)

b4kersgirl on June 30, 2010 at 9:44 am.

It really was fine. As I said in the post the only thing that wasn’t great was getting C off to sleep on the first night. Be prepared for him to get filthy though!

judson2history on June 29, 2010 at 8:23 pm.

Camping is a wonderful experience. Not only can you bond with your own folks, you get to meet lots of nice people.

Our family went coast-to-coast on an 8,000 mile, 8-week camping trip when I was 14. Check out my blog entry about it yesterday.

Judson

b4kersgirl on June 30, 2010 at 9:45 am.

Wow! Sounds exciting!

Soggous on June 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm.

We live in Beds, so not close to the Peaks! But it is in between where I live and where my sister lives (Lancs). We’re camping together when we go to Bakewell. I can’t wait :)