If you are someone who is pregnant with twins, you would certainly be incredibly happy, but I feel you would also feel really nervous because of the fact that you are getting two babies instead of one. That would mean that you will certainly have your hands full no matter what. More and more women are actually finding themselves pregnant with twins, a survey says. There has been a 76% increase in the last 3 decades alone, according to the CDC of the United States Of America. If you are a woman who is having multiple babies at once that could mean twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc. you would be feeling a little overwhelmed indeed. Well, you have come to the right place.
You should know that you will undoubtedly need a lot of gear and you should also remember that the health of your babies is the most important thing that you will be in charge of and it will also be your top priority.
Here is a list of some things that you can do to get ready for the incoming duo or trio.
- Make sure that you take care of your health, you should stay sufficiently hydrated, and you should also make sure that you have met your nutritional needs. You should know that your nutritional needs would indeed be much different when you are carrying twins. You should make sure that you listen to your body, do not disregard many things and you should also keep the number of your doctor on hand.
- Do not get alarmed when you get tiny aches and pains. You should seek help only if these pains persist. When you are having twins or more, your uterus will have to grow twice in size. You will certainly feel discomfort because of the extra weight.
- Clear your schedule; you should not be exerting yourself at all, make sure that you are always available to see your doctor and you should also relax yourself.
- Make sure that you do not plan any stressful and long trips around your 8-9th month. Airlines do not allow you to board when you are pregnant for more than 8 months in most cases. You should be certain that you are close to your doctor and your concerned hospital, especially around this time.
- You should stay positive and upbeat; you should do things that will make you happy and satisfied.
- Make sure that you have gotten all the necessary items for when the babies are born.
- You should also accept the fact that your babies could face similar situations at the same time, like feedings, teething, getting sick and other things as well. You will need your partner’s help.