I don’t think I’ve ever cooked Malaysian food before but this sounded lovely so I couldn’t wait to get started! Ayam Percik literally translates as ‘chicken splash’ because more marinade is spread over the chicken as it is cooking.
This dish uses Worldfoods Malaysion chilli coconut marinade, which can also be used as a stir fry sauce.
- 1 bottle Worldfoods Malaysian chilli coconut marinade
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Deep fried shallots, finely chopped
- Marinade the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes, I let it marinade for around 1.5 hours but the longer the better
- Cook chicken under a pre-heated grill, turning occasionally and spreading more marinade on if you like, for 20-30 minutes
- Serve with white rice or bread, and the fried shallots
The chicken can also be cooked on the barbecue should we get some nice weather!
I really enjoyed this dish although next time I will try marinading the meat overnight for a stronger flavour. It is a really simple dish and can be accompanied by vegetables if you wish.
If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning the sauce I used here, head over to the WorldFoods facebook page where they’ll be giving some away once they reach 300 likes.
Comments are closed.