The next challenge involved the Worldfoods Thai Tom Yum paste. One of the great things about being part of their Fusion Taste team is the opportunity to try out new ingredients & recipes.
We were given a choice of two recipes this week; Tom Yum Goong (soup with prawns) and Tom Yum seafood rice. I chose to make the rice but I still may do the soup another day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g cooked rice (cooked at least 2 hours in advance)
- 100g frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 thin slice ginger, finely chopped
- 100g raw prawns
- 1.5 tbsp Worldfoods Thai Tom Yum paste
- 6 fresh mushrooms, halved (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the ginger and stir fry until fragrant
- Stir in the Tom Yum paste and fry for 1 minute
- Add mixed vegetables, mushrooms and prawns and stir for 2 minutes
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook for a further 5 minutes until heated through
We all really enjoyed this dish. We love cooking asian foods but, although we have rice as a side dish, we don’t usually cook rice-based dishes. It was a really lovely flavour although if I was to cook it again I’d probably add more paste or maybe some extra chillies to spice it up a little (we are very used to eating spicy foods though).
It’s definitely another recipe we’ll be making again. Even the toddler enjoyed it!
Comments are closed.