By Emma B | July 6, 2011
The final challenge for the Fusion Taste Team involved WorldFoods Ginger, Chilli and Garlic sauce. These three ingredients are all regarded as having great health benefits in Asian countries and the sauce works well with seafood, chicken or vegetables.
I chose to cook it with prawns and served it with egg noodles, tossed in light soy sauce.
- 1 jar WorldFoods Chinese ginger, garlic & chilli sauce
- 250g raw prawns
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 5 leaves kaffir lime leaf, ripped
- 2 chillies (optional)
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan
- Add the prawns and stir until they’re cooked
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens
- Serve with rice or noodles
This dish was absolutely delicious. We added 3 chillies that we’d grown ourselves last year and frozen and this made the dish really hot. Next time I’d probably just add one!
Despite the heat, the flavour of the sauce was so nice I managed to clear the plate, with lots of water to assist me! The husband was really impressed with this one too, it’s his favourite of all the Worldfoods meals I’ve cooked apparently and I must find some more & cook it again.
A definite hit for us!