Five of the ingredients in this lamb tray bake; onions, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, mint and potatoes, are all in season right now (I’m growing 3 of them myself) so what better time to make this delicious Greek dish.
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 250g minced lamb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 onions, halved
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- large handful chopped mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Put the breadcrumbs, mince and egg into a bowl. Grate in half an onion and sprinkle in half of the mint. Mix everything together and shape into balls. Place in a large, shallow roasting dish
- Cut the remaining onion into wedges and place between the lamb balls then add in the potatoes, courgettes and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the olive oil and season well.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning once, until the lamb is cooked through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the feta and the remaining mint.