NaBloPoMo: A good idea?

By | November 1, 2011

If you haven’t heard of NaBloPoMo it stands for National Blog Posting Month.  Basically, the aim is to write, and publish, a blog post every day in November.

I’m not sure if I want to do it or not.  Part of me thinks yes as I’ve been struggling with blogging a bit recently and actually having to do a post every day might help get the creative juices flowing, so to speak.

But on the other hand, what if it has the opposite effect and I find myself stuck in an even bigger blogging rut?  Or what if I end up spouting drivel and nobody wants to read my blog anymore?

It’s an odd one.

I think I’ll begin this month with the intention of doing it but I’m not putting myself under any pressure.  And somebody please tell me if I need to stop, or if you feel the need to poke pins in my eyes.

Mammasaurus on November 1, 2011 at 10:33 am.

I have heard of this. I tend to post pretty much everyday anyway so I guess I don’t count!

So long as you can find something that you are happy to write about every day it’s fine and it’s great that posting every day in November will challenge people to really think about posting. Are you allowed to be cunning and do a few photo only posts ? 😉 always looking for the easy option me!
Mammasaurus recently posted..I caught my husband wearing my knickers

Karin @ BritMums on November 1, 2011 at 10:47 am.

Sounds like the perfect way to approach it! We’ll do our best to support each other! Well done you…

Karin

Actually Mummy... on November 1, 2011 at 11:05 am.

Here’s the pressure – I’m going to try and do it too! Aaaaargh!!!!
Actually Mummy… recently posted..Silent Sunday

Debbie @ working from home on November 1, 2011 at 11:07 am.

We can all support each other. I did a guest blog post per day during March for Mummy Mentoring Month – by the end of the month my readership had more than doubled. Not only that, but they didn’t go away when it was back to service as normal in April.

So I think its a very good thing and that’s why I’m going to do this one too.
Debbie @ working from home recently posted..Blogging for Business: Why I use CommentLuv Premium

Cat (Yellow Days) on November 1, 2011 at 11:16 am.

I think I’m going to give it a go but like you try to see it as a bit of a challenge rather than stress about it.
Cat (Yellow Days) recently posted..Should women have the right to demand a C-section?

Susan Mann on November 1, 2011 at 2:39 pm.

Good luck, I’m in the same position with NanoWrimo if it gets too much, stop x
Susan Mann recently posted..Do I Do or Do I Don’t do NaNoWriMo?

Sarah Mac on November 1, 2011 at 5:43 pm.

Ha ha, I know how you feel – I’m just waiting for someone to say ‘shut up already’!

Until (and probably even after) that happens I’m going to give it a go :)

Marylin on November 1, 2011 at 7:51 pm.

Well, I’m definitely going to try it, nothing bad’s gonna happen if I don’t complete it, eh?
Good luck! x
Marylin recently posted..A Month of Madness

Fiona (@nlpmum) on November 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm.

Well, done for giving it a go…. I reckon most of us are in the same boat – hoping we’ll think of something decent to say every day and wondering if we’ll get through to the 30th without drying up. All the best with it. 😉 Fiona
Fiona (@nlpmum) recently posted..Psyching up for NaBloPoMo

Nikki - A Mother in France on November 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm.

Good luck. I’m giving it a go too – I think it’s going to be hard for me to find the time and keep it interesting.
Nikki – A Mother in France recently posted..30 steps to Happiness and Contentment – Step 1 Find the best in every day

jenny Paulin on November 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm.

i am the same- i worry that if i blog everyday the content will not be very good or people might think oh no not another post by Jenny!! if you do it then good luck and i look forward to seeing what you come up with. i guess this is your first one done at least xx

Super Amazing Mum on November 1, 2011 at 9:26 pm.

Under Pressure by Queen springs to mind…

I am also signed up!

Eeek!
Super Amazing Mum recently posted..Nablogpomo – Day 1

Angela C on November 1, 2011 at 9:42 pm.

Yea don’t pressure yourself until it puts you off from blogging! Just do it for fun and participation count :) I’m heading to my family for the weekend so probably will break the chain of writing, but I think it’s still fun just to participate 😉

Alexander Residence on November 1, 2011 at 10:17 pm.

I am getting really excited reading everyone’s first posts, I have the same What ifs, but I am looking forward to getting creative! Good Luck!

Crystal Jigsaw on November 1, 2011 at 10:22 pm.

I think it’s a great idea though I’m not taking part this year. I imagine it will help blogging, so long as you keep your blogs relatively short and interesting. I don’t think you have anything to worry about, flower. Go for it and enjoy!

CJ xx
Crystal Jigsaw recently posted..Do You Want To Live Forever?

MummyMummyMum on November 1, 2011 at 10:26 pm.

I am going to have a go! Although randomly my first post is a Christmas craft! I look forward to reading your posts! x
MummyMummyMum recently posted..Christmas ginger cake and matching pairs

jenny Paulin on November 1, 2011 at 11:20 pm.

ok so i have relented and am joining in!!! you have inspired me again!! x
jenny Paulin recently posted..Sounding Like My Mum

Firefly Phil on November 2, 2011 at 12:16 am.

I think it’s a great idea – AS LONG AS you don’t let it become a chore, like washing up, or something. If it ceases to be something you LIKE to do, and becomes something you HAVE to do, the point is lost!