The websites I couldn’t live without

By | November 15, 2011

Twitter.  My name is Emma and I’m a twitter addict.  I’m not too bad really, I’ve been on Twitter since early 2009 and have only just gone past 10,000 tweets.  The first 6 months or so I rarely used it, it wasn’t until I was on maternity leave that I really started using it regularly.  Despite not having an enormous tweet count, I will be on twitter almost every day.  Sometimes I just read tweets and don’t have much to say!

My Blog.  How would I live without this blog?  I’ve been writing it for 19 months now and it would just be so strange if it didn’t exist anymore.  My husband thinks I take pictures of the oddest things but they’re always for a blog idea.

Hotmail.  This is actually the first website I go to when I turn my computer on in a morning.  I’m fairly good at keeping the unread e-mails down and have nice little folders set up for different e-mails.  I also have all my e-mails sent sent straight to my phone so usually end up reading them all twice.  At least I won’t miss anything.

Amazon.  If I need anything; books, electrical, homewares, then Amazon is always the first place I look.  Of all the books I’ve bought C, I’d say 75% come from Amazon.  I’ve also bought her main Christmas present from there this year as well as lots of other bits.

Google.  What on earth would we all do if google, or similar search engines, didn’t exist?  I know they didn’t used to exist and people survived perfectly well but they do make life a whole lot easier.  The different logos they have for various events make me smile quite a lot too.

Do you use the same websites on a daily basis?  Which are the ones that you couldn’t live without?

I’m going to tag some of my fellow NaBloPoMo’ers to tell me their favourite websites too.  They are:

Gemma at Hello It’s Gemma

Sophie at Super Amazing Mum

Emma at Mummy Mummy Mum!

Super Single Mum

Becs at Rollercoaster Mum

Jenny at Mummy Mishaps

Jenny paulin on November 15, 2011 at 10:47 am.

Twitter, my blog and google are ones i prob use the most too!! How did we survive before the internet??? Great idea for a meme x

Sarah Mac on November 15, 2011 at 11:11 am.

My blog, google, the schools website (without which I would be completely sunk!) Wikapidia for all those homework answers …. the list goes on :)

Great idea for a post – I may ‘borrow’ it and change it slightly and do a post on the blogs I couldn’t live without!
Sarah Mac recently posted..The Versitile Blogger

Emma LP on November 15, 2011 at 11:27 am.

Blog, Twitter, Evening Standard, Guardian, LIberty London Girl, there are so many I couldn’t manage without. On day 15 of NaBloPoMo, this is a great idea for a post – I may borrow it too!
Emma LP recently posted..Anya Hindmarch and the art of the apostrophe

Rollercoaster Mum on November 15, 2011 at 1:13 pm.

Great idea for a meme. Thank you for tagging me :) I won’t reveal anything just yet – you’ll just have to wait for my post (which in my usual slack way will probably be in a few days time!)
Rollercoaster Mum recently posted..Nov 14th – #NaBloPoMo – Post 14 – Ten Qustions…

Kate on November 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm.

Very similar to you really apart from having never used Amazon. I am also a big fan of Netmums largely for their nearly new boards.
Interesting post
Kate recently posted..Festive Florentines Recipe

Susan Mann on November 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm.

Good choices x
Susan Mann recently posted..Review And Giveaway Hotel Chocolat

helloitsgemma on November 15, 2011 at 10:12 pm.

thank you for the tag – interesting, gosh I will have to have a think…
helloitsgemma recently posted..I’m not married

Rollercoaster Mum on November 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm.

I’ve done it – I’ve replied – good going for me!

Here it is – http://rollercoaster-mum.blogspot.com/2011/11/nov-17th-nablopomo-post-17-websites-i.html
Rollercoaster Mum recently posted..Nov 17th – #NaBloPoMo – Post 17 – The websites I couldn’t live without

FionaCambouropoulos (@coombemill) on November 21, 2011 at 12:13 pm.

OK, I have done mine, think the list is very similar to you! http://www.coombemill.com/blog/post/2011/11/21/Web-Sites-I-cant-live-without.aspx
FionaCambouropoulos (@coombemill) recently posted..Web Sites I can’t live without