I had some beef strips that needed using last week but due to being busy decorating the kitchen wanted to do something in the slow cooker. I fancied something chinese style so a quick browse of the internet for inspiration and I came up with my own chinese beef recipe.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g beef strips
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small piece of ginger, grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp chinese five spice
- 3 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 350ml beef stock
- Heat the oil in a pan. Toss the beef strips in the flour then brown the meat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins before adding the five spice and stirring for a further minute.
- Add the rice wine/ sherry to the pan and stir well.
- Tip the beef mix into the slow cooker then add the beef stock and soy sauce.
- Cook for around 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Serve with rice or noodles.