The First Kicks

By | April 29, 2013

As of today I’m 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

For the past week or so I’ve been wondering if I’ve been feeling baby move but I couldn’t say for sure as it could have just as easily been wind!

They say you feel baby earlier with each pregnancy but with C I had an anterior placenta so that was between her and me which cushioned any movement.  This meant I didn’t feel anything until I was past 21 weeks, and it meant I missed out on the flutters so just felt definite kicks once she was stronger.

I’ve been hoping that I wouldn’t have to wait as long before I felt anything this time and today I have felt definite movement!  I can’t really describe what it feels like, other than it’s pretty amazing!

They’ve been happening on and off all day while I’ve been sat at my desk.  It’s such a wonderful feeling and even though I’ve done this all before it doesn’t make these moments any less special.

So, so happy!

Mary @over40andamumtoone on April 29, 2013 at 5:56 pm.

I remember that feeling – magical
Mary @over40andamumtoone recently posted..#Magic Moments – when Bump became Monkey

Blueberetmum on April 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm.

Aw – this is so beautiful. I remember the first kicks – an amazing feeling! Hopping over from #magicmoments

Nichola Fabfortymum on April 29, 2013 at 10:51 pm.

Oh I love this. I had an anterior placenta with our eldest and didn’t feel her properly until she turned at 29 weeks, it terrified me not feeling her. 2nd time around was like you at 17 weeks and you are right it is amazing, magical and wonderful :)

Jaime Oliver on April 30, 2013 at 2:30 pm.

awww i love this stage in pregnancy its such a wonderful feeling!

Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments
Jaime Oliver recently posted..Magic Moments 29/4/13

Jenny @ The Brick Castle on May 1, 2013 at 11:39 am.

Awwwww, I remember it so well, it’s just the most exciting feeling, there’s nothing like it. Enjoy :)
Jenny @ The Brick Castle recently posted..@TheToadstoolUk competition entry!

The Mum with the Silk Scarf on May 2, 2013 at 11:19 am.

It’s so exciting and reassuring feeling movement for the first time and I totally agree that it doesn’t matter if you’ve been through this before because it is amazing
The Mum with the Silk Scarf recently posted..A Very Special Bond

sarahhillwheeler on May 2, 2013 at 11:26 am.

I love this post, feels like I’m with you. I can remember the little flutters (and later kicks) – always really magical to me (especially when I got a massive protest when someone turned on the PA system at a conference). Enjoy.
sarahhillwheeler recently posted..1983 – 2013, a cereal inspired retrospective…..

Louise on May 4, 2013 at 9:19 pm.

Awhh what a very magical moment. It is a very special feeling those first little flutters. xx
Louise recently posted..Joining Beavers..